Friday, July 01, 2005

garlic powder

I woke up with a sense of completion. It was my last day at Starbucks.

I thought maybe I could avoid my overly sentimental self and go through the day without too much attention.

Well, as soon as I took a picture of me getting on the bus to go to work for the last time...I knew it would not be the case.

I had a great morning with Allisa, Paige, and Eddie (they call us the A Team). I made them pose for some more pictures (they only gave me a little grief). It is hard to imagine not...knowing that I will see them everyday. No matter how much I was ready to do something different with my life, I feel so lucky to have spent this year working at a Starbucks in downtown St. Paul, with them. It makes it all worth it.

I said my good-byes to the regualr customers and appreciated everyone's well wishes.

"You know, now that Anne's gone, this coffee just doesn't taste the same...

Mine either.

Do you guys realize that you poured garlic powder into your coffee?"


Along with a perfect illustration, this was my good-bye card from Dave, Mark, and Craig. Three hilarious customers that I had the pleasure of getting to know this past year. They always made me laugh! Thank you Dave for making such a funny card, I love it.

7 comments:

Curious Servant said...

Thank you for dropping by my blog again, Anne.

There is a lot to tell about our church and with my son, and I have two more postings that I am fine tuning.

It has been very stressful of course, and I think I can feel my hair turning greyer, but He is on control and I believe it will be alright.

We are concerned over the fniances (the counseling alone could run into thousands).

I have some things I want to share, but I need permission from various parties before I can do so.

Anne said...

Curious Servant---Okay, well good luck and I look forward to hearing the updates.

Jake said...

I predict a complete collapse of that Starbucks in around 6 months - people like you are what make that place great. If they can't keep you there, what hope do they have?

Jenny said...

I love regular customers and I hate saying goodbye when I move on... you're such a sweetheart, Anne!

Anne said...

Jake---geez, I hope that there isn't a complete collapse! But it does seem like everyone that is great has already left or is leaving.

Jayleigh---Yeah, those regulars are great..so funny sometimes. Thanks Jayleigh!

Anonymous said...

Anne,
You're welcome. I should be thanking you, however... each day I looked forward to your smiling face at Starbucks (and, of course, a cup of hot coffee). Now I'll have to try to start all over with the person they've replaced you with. I already called her Anne, and asked for 'the usual' (She nervously turned to Eddie for some form of non-verbal explanation). I did eventually get my coffee, but it wasn't nearly as charming a conversation as usual. We already all miss you greatly. Best of luck in your new adventures!
Love,
Dave

Anne said...

Oh Dave! You are too funny! Thank you for your kind words. I am missing everyone too...except the grumpy customers, I never did like them...

Hey good luck with your new adventure as well! I can't believe my Mom and I will be in your new home state tomorrow! It was a very spontaneous road trip!

Hope to see you soon!