Sunday, December 11, 2005

in another

Sometimes I wish I was from another time.

Last night I watched Hoosiers.

As I watched I couldn't help imagine what life would have been like had I been born in another time.

A time when cars were classics. And boys wore letter jackets.

I love the spirit. I love the competition. I love the small town. I love that it is set in the Midwest. I love the time.

My grandfather was a basketball coach and I never met him. I think of him and especially my Dad whenever I watch this movie. I know where I get my competitiveness.

I sometimes wish I was from another time...or maybe just that I could go back in time.

If I could I would go to a basketball game that my Grandfather coached. I would sit in the stands and I would cheer.



Basketball team photo, including my Grandfather.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

It would be cool to go back and see something like that. I wish I could go back and see my grandfather too.

Marissa said...

What a great photo! I hear you, I always wanted to grow up in the 50's! I wanted to wear a poodle skirt and flip my hair (oh wait, I did that as a kid anyway, even though it was the early 90's!). And as for Hoosiers, I went to IU so I love that movie!

Jenny said...

That movie is wonderful. And I so know what you mean. About living in another time, or going back in time. And getting the competitive spirit from older generations. :-)

Bless you.

Miss Scarlet said...

Oh yes, what a great thing that would be-to travel back in time! It's hard to even imagine our grandparents as younger sometimes