Thursday, June 19, 2008

bachelorettehood

I am currently in bachelorettehood.
So what do I do with all that time?

I have been cleaning, organizing, and preparing the house for....marriage, I guess?
I have been telling people that I am nesting.

There is no stopping me --- house, garage, basement, closets, kitchen, and yard projects have consumed the last month of weekends.

It has been exhilarating!

So now we have two new side fences, a fenced vegetable garden, shelves and tool organizers in the garage, potted plants in the front, basement shelves, organized containers stuffed and labeled (yes, we bought a label maker!!!), organized linen and bedroom closets, and a office paper filing system firmly in place.

I have done this all while planning the wedding ----- and played fetch with Judy everyday!

I am exhausted and ready for vacation. I mean, the wedding...I mean, the marriage.

After this weekend (which i will be working) I have THREE weeks off. I can't remember the last time I had three weeks of vacation. I am so so so very excited.

I might have forgotten to mention that Jake has helped with all these projects...I couldn't have done them all myself!

Also, Jake planned our honeymoon -- and we are going to Martha's Vineyard!!!!! I don't know any other details, other than the destination, so everything else will be a surprise!

3 comments:

Kelley said...

Your going to Martha's Vineyard that is so exciting. If you want any tips for good places to visit don't hesitate to ask. I wish Kate was coming with you!
-Kelley (Kate's Boston Friend)

EP said...

Sounds like you've been accomplishing SO much! And it's so exciting that after this weekend that you have a three-week long vacation. It's going to be lovely. It's such an exciting time for y'all!

AvR said...

Oh my gosh! Marriage! How simply, perfectly wonderful. I hide myself away, come back, and find you on the verge of matrimony, and I couldn't be happier for you.

I've planted carrots. What's in your vegetable garden?