Wednesday, January 24, 2007

sides of my

I have a thing about feet.

I don't like dirty feet. I don't like my feet to touch the ground without some sort of protective layer - socks, shoes, or slippers - it doesn't matter. I just need to have something between me and a dirty dirty floor. I also have a hard time with mismatched socks. It just doesn't make sense to me. Anyway....

It is very hard for me to shower in other people's showers and shower when I go camping. Camp showers are scary. If I forget my shower flip flops I usually have a panic attack. Anyway, I have a hard time in other people's showers. I tend to stand on just the sides of my feet, that way not my entire foot is touching that foreign surface. It makes me too nervous to relax my feet, I just cannot do it (believe me, I have tried).

So last night I had a nightmare of all nightmares. I had to shower in a gross disgusting community shower that had a rotten wooden floor moldy shower curtain and everything was covered in mud. Not nice spa mud but old gross slimy mud.

I woke up in a sweat. It was horrible.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Hehee... that is kind of funny. It is not my intention to mock your fear, it just sounds a little funny.

Hope that your nightmare never comes true!

KatieI said...

that shower sounds all too familiar to my family trips.

I'm trying to match my socks more, just for you :)