Monday, January 29, 2007

why do you steal?

A very strange thing happens every couple weeks in my apartment stairwell.
I open my door to leave or take the garbage out and it is pitch black.
I call my landlord to tell him the lights are out again...

Last time I called he told me something interesting - he suspects that someone in the apartment building is switched their burnt out lights with the working ones in the fixtures.
I couldn't believe it.
My landlord always uses the same brand so he knows what they are doing.

Last night when I opened my door to take out the garbage and it was pitch black I had to check.
Yup, a different brand replaced my landlords brand.

I decided I needed to take action.
I got a light bulb of my own and a black sharpie.

I wrote - Why Do You Steal? on the light bulb.

5 comments:

Trisha said...

That's awesome! I hope it works. Or maybe they will write a message on the burnt out one that they put back in there.

Unknown said...

Seriously...who steals? Do people have no inner-guilt?

paige said...

you are the only person i know who would think to do such a thing. i love it.

Marissa said...

that's hilarious, anne! you have to tell us what the stealer responds with!!

eleanor said...

oh anne...thanks so much for the comic relief....! and yes, I will see you on Thursday.