Sunday, December 25, 2005

happy holidays

The...holiday-2005-update-on-my-life-letter:

Dear friends and family,

-After a year of waking up to velvet foam cappuccinos and caramel lattes I decided to move out of my cozy little corner of downtown St. Paul called Starbucks Coffee Company.

-I had a summer like we did in second grade, well sort of...I blogged. I took a rode trip with my Mom to Montana. I hung out with friends all day and all night. I shopped. And I decided to move to Iowa.

-It was tough to leave my friends in St. Paul but I knew that it was time to finally be in the same state as Jake.

-As far as the job search goes I didn't have a back up plan. So with but one call and one five-hour interview I now have a salary, paid vacation and a retirement plan!

-Now that Jake and I live in our respected apartments just a three-minute drive apart we go on walks, dates and are adjusting to what a "non-long distance" relationship feels like. We just celebrated our six-year anniversary and are enjoying this new stage of our partnership.

-My Mom retired this October, my Dad is still working at the college and my brother Peter and his girlfriend Cassie are both graduating from college this December. We are all adjusting to the sad lose of our dog, Patches. After a long life we had to put her to sleep this past month.

-I continue to be healthy and happy and look forward to what life has to bring. Optimism and enthusiasm will take you anywhere! Know that I think of you all often and hope that you are well. Call or write anytime.

The blogger addition:

-After only 10 months of blogging I can honestly say that my life would not be the same without the people I have come to appreciate through this crazy blogging world. I never would have imagined how much reading thousands of words, hundreds of stories and thoughts could mean to me. Thank you all for your inspiration!

Happy Holidays!

7 comments:

Jenny said...

What a year!!! It's amazing to see a recap of all the things you've been through this year.

God Bless!

Christa said...

Anne-Let's definately get together this week! Vincent is with his dad on Wednesday night, would that work for you? Call me!!

Cheryl said...

What a greay year. I am glad we found you Anne! Happy Holidays.

Marissa said...

What an incredible year you've had! So many wonderful accomplishments, you have much to be proud of!

David Edward said...

I can echo your thoughts about having fellow bloggers to spend time with, the rest of the world does not understand, but we do. Isn't Jayleigh the neatest person???

still_figuring_out said...

happy holidays, anne!

Mindi said...

That was a really lovely post. Last year was great, in part because of our blogger community. You have made such amazing strides that I know 2006 is going to be the best yet!