Monday, January 30, 2006

crawl back

I do a funny thing each night, I set my alarm early to a time I think I should get up but know I probably will actually just crawl back into bed.

This morning my pillows were perfectly positioned and my down comforter was delicious. There was nothing as soft or as warm as my bed right then.

The view from my bed out my kitchen window was an endlessly dull sky and bitter looking tree branches...there was no way I was moving.

I start to remember the weird dreams from the night...running from the past in a neighborhood not my own...familiar people but the strangest circumstances.

Sometimes when I wake up after a night of restless dreams I want to fall back asleep so new dreams can erase the others.



The skies of Iowa have been a bit grey these past days, I needed to see a little color of life and this shot from my Montana road trip this past July seemed just right.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Iowa and Illinois sounds similar in their skies lately. Where is summer?

Curious Servant said...

I'm hoping that someday I will REALLY wake up and realize that life can be set aside as easily as a bad dream. Most of it is good.

But someday...

the Wootang said...

my college roommate loved falling to sleep. he'd snooz bar his alarm clock for an hour straight. drove me nuts because i couldn't fall back asleep after the 1st alarm!

Marissa said...

i do that EVERY morning, too!!! i hate getting out of my cozy bed!