Wednesday, October 11, 2006

they got me

My heart skipped a beat, my lungs exploded in screams, my smile was never wider.

They tricked me, they got me, they totally got me good.

In Jake's little apartment they waited for us to arrive and as he threw open the door I couldn't believe it - they were all there! Dawone and Sali and Matt and Chris and Andy and Jo and Michael and Katie and Mindy and Mary and Ashlee and Stacey and Scott and Nick and Adam and Andy - all of them were right there and I could hardly believe my eyes.

I don't know if I can really describe in words how much they mean to me...I haven't written about them because my life with them needed to be separate from what I was saying here...but now, after a year and a few more days I finally can - I want them all to know that they were more than just the people I worked with, they are my friends and,


I love them!

5 comments:

Mindy Kirchhoff - Senior Program Assistant said...

I Anne, I just wanted to let you know that I really will miss you a lot! Thank you so much for eveything that you have done for me. You mean a lot to me and I will never forget you. Please don't forget me and please stay in touch. By the way, I have always been your friend even while I was your co-worker! If you ever need someone to talk to, please don't hesitate to call me! Thanks again- I love you!

Scott said...

That is absolutely awesome. Glad that they got you, so much fun to be surprised.

Scott

Chris said...

Anne, you're not even gone yet and I already miss you. When we are on the meandering trails that are our lives, even when we leave them, there are only a few things that we can bring with us. It is not the material things. It is our experiences and the people we shared them with. I will always carry a little bit of you as I walk down my trail and I hope that a little bit of me will go with you.

Love,
(not just your favorite PA but a friend)
Chris

Marissa said...

so, so, so cute! and so sweet!!!!!

Jenny said...

That is so sweet. Good luck and congrats on the move!