Saturday, June 27, 2009

this week last year, saturday

By this time on Saturday my up-do was in place and I am having the best hair day of my life.
Wedding

We had woken up to blue skies but there was definitely a HUGE chance of rain and sure enough when we were done at the salon it was overcast and starting to sprinkle. But for some strange reason the rain was not sending me into a panic -- maybe it was because it was my WEDDING DAY!!!

I drove out to Camrose Hill in my car with Katie and Cassie following behind.

As I was driving the weather was patchy, with beautiful storm clouds and clear blue skies in the horizon. I will never forget what it looked like.

I was oddly calm considering my personality. However, my thoughts turned to a slight panic with the possibility of it really raining. I started to think of how sad it would be to not be able to share Camrose Hill Flower Farm with all my friends and family -- it is just so beautiful there.

THEN this song came on the radio with these lyrics (looking at them now, I must have only heard a few key* words - either way, it made me cry with joy, I just knew it was a sign that EVERYTHING was going to be perfect)!

Don’t stress, don’t stress, don’t stress
Just tell him to the left left left
Don’t stress, don’t stress, don’t stress
Cause we gone & we gone & we gone
*No stress, no stress, no stress
*Girl you deserve nothing but the best

*No stress, no stress, no stress

Girl you need to tell him…
That I'm leavin’ never to come back again
You found somebody who does it better than he can
*no more making you cry, no more them gray skies
Girl we're flyin on the G5 G5


I credit this silly silly song to saving me from a whirlwind of panic, a spiral of doubt, and for changing the course of weather that day.

That morning it was ABSOLUTELY pouring buckets at Camrose Hill while friends and family were setting everything up -- my Mom was totally without a doubt panicking. PANICKING.

I was freakishly calm as a cucumber.

As always so were Katie and Ben.

Wedding

Later that night guests told me that they drove to Stillwater (from all directions) with storms and pouring rain but as soon as they got near Camrose Hill it was clear and beautiful.

At the same time Jake, the procrastinator, did not disappoint! As soon as I left that morning for my hair appointment he began frantically calling jewelery stores in St. Paul looking for one that was open. He had decided to buy me a necklace as a wedding gift - pearls! WOW. He is a keeper.

Peter arrived at our house and they headed to Super Target and bought $250 dollars worth of umbrellas! Just in case.

We were all at the Farm and the day had officially begun. All of a sudden it was 1 pm and I hadn't even gotten dressed!
Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

After all the getting ready and taking photos we had to make a split second decision about the rain -- we had the iPhones in over gear checking the radar and at approximately 3:50 (ten minutes before people began to arrive!) the decision to be outside was made! Everyone started to assemble the chairs OUTSIDE for the ceremony (apparently, except for Katie and Grandpa Bill :)

Wedding
iPhone checking!

Wedding

Wedding
Seriously, look at that sky!

Wedding

The ceremony was so beautiful. My Dad was hilarious. Jake looked amazing. My veil was super long. My family was so wonderful. Our friends were all there. Everything about Camrose Hill is magical. The barns, the fields, the flowers. And the weather, wow --- it was seriously freakin' amazing. Perfect Minnesota 75 degrees with a slight breeze. Perrrfect!
Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding

Wedding
The night was full of hugs, laughter, food, cake, flowers, wine, beer, dancing, s'mores and love. Oh my goodness I want to do it all again and just hit pause. It goes so fast with such a fury. And with a blink of an eye it comes to a close...the linens are off the tables, the flowers are in buckets, and the candles are blown out.
Wedding

But what a day, what a day to remember.

3 comments:

Just me said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE your dress!

What a beautiful wedding. :)

Anne said...

Thanks so much!

Krae :0) said...

Happy Anniversary Anne and Jake!