Thursday, June 25, 2009

this week last year, thursday

Thursday morning my parents were at our house ready to help in any way they could.

So we extended our dining room table to 11 feet, drew up a huge reception diagram, and finalized the seating chart. After hammering it all out, I began to write every one's name on the place cards along with their table number (only making a few mistakes!). Then for the next two (or three?) hours my Dad whole punched the corners of each place card and my Mom and I tied raffia on every single one. Oh, AND we alphabetized them too! We were seriously emotionally and physically exhausted when we got done.
Gocco Wedding Placecards

Gocco Wedding Placecards

All I wanted was for the place cards to be blowing in the breeze at Carmose Hill Flower Farm on my wedding day.

That night Jake and I had to finalize the wedding program and our plan was to Gocco print 250 of them (just like our invites, rsvp's, directions cards, favors, and place cards). By hand. Late Thursday night. The day before our rehearsal dinner.

Well, after realizing that our program template was NOT going to physically fit onto a Gocco screen (and maybe freaking out a little bit)...Jake called Kinko's to see if they could help.

Twenty minutes later Jake arrived home with 250 beautifully printed programs!

We had LITERALLY spent hours and hours and hours printing all our other materials by hand and here we were, the night before everything was about to begin with printed programs in 20 minutes. It was hilarious.

We were ecstatic to be 'done' with all the details! And so ready to get married!
Wedding

2 comments:

Maggie said...

Your photography is absolutely beautiful!

Just me said...

I love this week's posts. I tend to do that too... "Last year today..."

Happy (early) anniversary! :)