Tuesday, April 05, 2005

domesticated

In my little kitchen last night I was cooking up a storm of spaghetti meat pie and "chit chat" scones. Cooking with extremely limited counter space makes for a very creative activity. I use any available space...window sill, chair, top of the oven...I have to take advantage of my surroundings.

My friend Paige named the scones "chit chat" and boy oh boy are they something to talk about! They are really tasty.

I have come to really enjoy cooking and trying new foods. I still have a way to go with all that spicy food though (and cilantro). I don't know what it is but...my taste buds just cannot handle it...I start to sweat and I get all red. It really is horribly uncomfortable. So I have come to just avoid those foods. However, I do realive that with practice I can learn to enjoy them more.

I have to do laundry today and clean up my mess from last nights explosion of dishes and measuring spoons.

No comments: