Friday, April 08, 2005

a giant

Every morning at 6:30 am I hear the same bird. It has a very distinct chirp and it seems that it occurs every 2 seconds. It is rather annoying and usually wakes me up (the few days I get to sleep in). Fortunately this bird only hangs around for half hour or so...maybe right outside my window is where she starts her day!

I just saw and heard a crazy bird fight in my neighbors pine tree. Four birds were in dispute and it ended with all but one flying out of the tree.

Jake and I were just talking and he remembers this funny story that we had both forgotten. Last summer my mom had a hanging flower basket right outside her kitchen window. Before she knew it a family had moved in and baby birds were born! It was exciting and we all wanted to look. Jake is super tall and he had the best view but when he started to actually approach the basket I got nervous. I told him that he shouldn't stick his head in too much....I thought the baby birds would get nervous and think, "Who are you? You're a giant!" I said this out loud to him and we both thought it was the funniest thing at the time!!

We just had a good laugh remembering it. I love to laugh.

No comments: