Saturday, April 09, 2005

half an onion holder

Last summer when I first moved to St. Paul I was overwhelmed with the shopping possibilities. One afternoon, having already spent the day shopping, I ran into my good friends Amanda and Matt. Out of pure desperation I proclaimed that, "I couldn't stop shopping!!"

When I drive down Grand Avenue in St. Paul and watch all the people milling around holding their respected shopping bags, I cannot help but get out and join in the fun! After spending the morning with my friend Amber (we have known each other since 5th grade) I thought I would make it home safe. I didn't.

I attended a "Market" at Amber's apartment complex; it was fun, booths from Mary Kay to Avon to Pampered Chef to various Jewelry retailers to the ever-reliable Tupperware! As soon as I saw the sandwich container and half an onion holder I couldn't resist! I am a sucker for plastic containers (avoid heating anything in plastic though, it will release a poison called dioxin).

I am very excited to use my new sandwich container and I already had half an onion in my fridge that fit perfectly in its' new holder. My other purchases of the day are not plastic in form, but rather various cotton blends.

As I type I am wearing my newest outfit and if I may say, I look great!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And so the question remains: what became of the OTHER HALF of the onion?

Anne said...

Architect Anonymous,

I ate the other half.