Friday, April 01, 2005

welcome to iowa

Wow, I feel like I have already neglected my blog. I apologize for not posting since Monday. I have appreciated all the comments and e-mails of encouragement! Thank you so much and please continue to comment (I have to admit I check for new comments all the time)!

I had a wonderful week. The weather felt like spring, we even had a thunder storm. I met with my friends Allisa, Paige and Amanda twice this week! I spoke with my good friend Casey who now lives and goes to school in Boston. I watched the Amazing Race. I got my bangs trimmed. I ran into an old high school friend who I hadn't spoken to in seven years. I made a delicious roasted pepper, asparagas, pearl onion, and cherry tomato pasta sauce. I walked to and from work two days this week. Which felt great. I found someone to work for me on Friday so I could come to Iowa and visit Jake.

This weekend Jake and I are looking for an apartment for him. He is getting his own place (for the very first time)! Today we looked at 8 different apartments...they kept getting worse as the day went on; bright green carpet, itty bitty kitchens, no water pressure, small windows, outdated/ugly interior, middle of nowhere location, and the classic "expensive-cookie-cutter design." We eventually found one that is going to be great for Jake. It is a one bedroom with sliding glass doors in the living room and bedroom that both lead to a deck. The carpet is not green, the kitchen is decent, it is three blocks from campus, and has free internet! He moves in May 1st.

"Welcome to Iowa" the sign reads..."Fields of Opportunity."

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

hi there!

Fun blog.

If you want check out my blog at

friartucksfleetingthoughts.blogspot.com