Monday, April 25, 2005

stealing the internet

It is a rare occasion when I can use my iBook G4 in my apartment...a few months ago I canceled my cable modem connection (60 dollars a month) when I found out I could just as easily "steal the internet" with my airport wireless connection (thanks to my friend Paige who brought her PowerBook to my place for knitting club and had a strong wireless connection, I got really upset for about 5 minutes and cancelled the next day). My connection was great for a while but has been inconsistent lately.....

I go through the same routine when I get home...turn on my computer to check if there is a signal for an open network...I despise the little screen that pops up that says, "www.google.com cannot be found." I feel frustrated and discouraged and wonder, Why are these people not opening their connection for me to take advantage of?!!?

Well, I just got home from grocery shopping at my local neighborhood co-op and I flipped up my screen....what ya know there were two black bars!!! I clicked on Firefox and here I am typing in my rocking chair looking out my window. I love it!

Gmail greeted me with 9 new messages and three new blog comments! Thanks to all who e-mailed or commented! I really appreciate your interest!

Work was 6-2:30 today, I biked in the cold again. Made some more scones this afternoon and am going to start a vegetable soup. I like to plan and (if I can) prepare my meals for the week. I finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith last night, which is a just as wonderful as Allisa said it would be. I started Take the Cannoli by Sarah Vowell this afternoon which is just as hilarious as I thought it would be!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I read A Tree Grows in Brooklyn when I was in High School, but I don't remember it anymore. I'll have to re-read it soon.

I completely understand and agree with you on the internet connections. Unfortunately I only have dial-up, and it REALLY peeves me to pay for that! lol

Have a great night!