Saturday, August 20, 2005

my table



This is my table in my apartment. It used to be in my parents house and I grew up eating breakfast at it with my brother every morning before school. He usually ate Frosted Flakes. That is my iBook that I use everyday to check E-mail, blog and upload pictures. That black cord hooks up to my camera and computer and transfers the photos into iPhoto for me. Nice and easy. The flowers in the bowls are from Amanda, she brought them for me Tuesday when I had knitting club at my place. They are from the organic farm that I visited. Those are my keys. That little silver pocket knife is from Jakes friend Brain, it has Jakes initials on it. The red leash is only there because my dog slept over. My cell phone has a camera on it. I just brought that note pad from Mankato...it has my to-do lists in it right now. Those three jars on the window sill are filled with sand from Red Rock in Nevada. Jake and Ben climbed there this spring. I have tea light candles in the jars also. The rocking chair is from a woman in my apartment building whose name is Honey. She is a sweet sweet friend and one day she asked me if I wanted it, she told me it was the first piece of furniture she ever bought for herself. And now I have it. My friends love to sit there when they visit. The rug is from IKEA. The plants are from Amanda, she really has a gift for growing and somehow I have been able to keep them alive for over a year. I bought that little TV to fit in my little apartment. For some reason it takes eleven seconds to turn on. The CD that is laying on top of my "CD case" is Romantica, Luke is the bass player and is Paige's husband. They play music wonderfully. The picture frame on the shelf has a little print that I bought on the Saint Charles Bridge in Prague. There is a hand blown pitcher right below that I found at an estate sale. From the window at left I get five bars of Internet for free. At the other window my neighbor caught me stealing his Internet!

11 comments:

Jake said...

I can't believe you didn't mention what was on the rug, it's Patches!

Anne said...

Oh no! I did forget!!

Unknown said...

That might be the scariest picture of anyone that I've ever seen Jake!

Jake said...

Yes I'm afraid I fall apart when Anne's not around ;)

still_figuring_out said...

oh anne, this little corner is so cozy! and i am sure you simply love everything that`s there.

That Guy said...

I don't own a table right now. You can't imagine how useful a table is until you don't have one.

All in good time.

Miladysa said...

It looks so warm and inviting :)

Marissa said...

I can just picture you writing there. I am trying to create a little space like that right now in my apartment, too. It's funny how much the contents of someone's table say about a person, isn't it?

Jenny said...

I loved the story about stealing internet. That was so funny.

I adore Ikea. Hehe. As though I haven't mentioned that 1000 times on your blog.

How long until the move?

Anne said...

Still Figuring Out---Oh, thanks so much!

Law Student---Oh wow! My table has so many uses...eating, working, blogging, e-mailing, cutting vegetables, writing letters, watching TV, or just sitting...but hey, soon enough you will find yourself a table to do the same!

Miladysa---Thank you for your kind words!

Heidi---Yeah! I love that rug, so colorful!

Marissa---Yes it is...when I took the picture I thought I was just "documenting" that my dog was visiting...but really the picture showed so much more than just my dog. Thanks Marissa and good luck creating a special space of your own!

Jayleigh---Ha! We know you love IKEA, which is totally understandable, because it rocks!!!

Wednesday I am driving down to Ames with my car packed with as much as I can fit...going to do some apartment searching...I finally started packing today...slow and steady...slow and steady.

Kiki said...

This was a fun post!!