Saturday, May 21, 2005

field day

I surprised my Mom on Thursday for her annual Field Day she organizes for the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. My Mom has been the Elementary Physical Education Teacher for Lake Crystal Elementary almost 35 years. She will be retiring next October (so this is her last Field Day and last "end of the year" for her).

She was completely surprised and screamed when she saw me! The Field Day was fabulous and so fun to watch! It literally has been raining for the past three weeks but the sun showed up for my Mom's Field Day!

The kids love Field Day, they get split up into teams, each enter three different events, and get scored and timed by the big high school track team volunteers. The relay is the finale and it really is so exciting! Two girls and two boys from each class race their little hearts out for about 100 meters and then hand off the baton to their classmate. Everyone cheers and screams for who they want to win!

After school Mom and I drove home to Mankato and had leftover spaghetti meat pie and waited for my Dad and Peter to come home. We talked and talked and then I had to drive back up to St. Paul.

I love going home, it always feels....just good.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I adore going home, too. In fact, I'll go there tonight after picking my folks up from the airport. They are flying in via Minneapolis, btw, from Oklahoma City.

Home is just.... comfortable.