Friday, June 10, 2005

fat and sassy

It is absolutely pouring right now! I am sitting in my red chair trying to typing this post but I am mesmerized by the rain...oh, I hear a little thunder! I love a good storm.

I have had a pretty good week. On Wednesday I worked early, went shopping, and then exercised at the YWCA. Lately I have been having some trouble going to the Y on a regular basis. I fall out of my routine and it is hard to get back into it. When I walked into the mall I happened to be in the "fitness attire" area...well, I guess all I need is a new outfit to motivate me to go exercise!

Wednesday was also my Grandmother Adeline's 91st birthday! I called her and asked her how she felt, she replied, "fat and sassy!" We had a good conversation because she had her hearing aids in and I didn't have to scream into the phone!! My family is meeting her for lunch on Saturday; she is treating us to an afternoon at the OCB (Old Country Buffet, of course)!

Later that night I picked up my friend Casey from Minneapolis and we headed back to my apartment. We sat at my table and ate a little fresh mozzarella, tomatoes, basil (from my garden) on crackers. It was delicious. Casey just got back from his first year of graduate school in Boston. We have been friends for over ten years and can't stop talking when we get together! We were meeting some of my other friends (actually members of the Chit Chat Club, have I mentioned Chit Chat Club before?) at WA Frost, which is an amazing restaurant two blocks from my apartment. It was a fantastic night and we all had such a good time!

Yesterday I had the most horrible experience at the dentist. When I walked into the office building I almost turned around and left. The place was dirty, old and rusty.

Everything was rusty.

My dentist was an older woman and she did all the cleaning herself. She pulled and poked and my mouth really hurt. I just closed my eyes and kept thinking I am almost done...it is almost over...It was an experience!

Well, since I have been typing this post the rain has stopped. Maybe the sun will come out later!?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it did. Come out. The sun, that is. That's the beauty of life ... it always does!

Jenny said...

I love fresh mozzarella! I had it for the first time a couple of months ago and I was amazed. It came one a sandwich with basil and tomatoes and a viniagrette and it was pure heaven.

As for friends like Casey, I adore them! It doesn't matter how long it's been since seeing each other, you just fall right back into place with your friendship.

Have the most wonderful weekend!