Tuesday, June 07, 2005

tips

Humidity has arrived in Minnesota. It was hot today but I was inside for most of it...working. I only have three more weeks left at Starbucks. I know that it will go fast.

Tonight I biked over to the Grand Avenue store to pick up my tips from last Tuesday (at Starbucks if you need some extra hours or another store needs some help, any partner can work at that store). I then biked over to Snelling and Selby store to pick up some more tips. The ride was good, I was on Summit Avenue for most of it, which is this beautiful street in St. Paul with absolutely amazing houses. It is a busy street but thankfully there is a separate bike lane! The people are out and about moving their bodies tonight!

[At this moment I feel like I had one too many pieces of cinnamon toast...I am feeling guilty for over indulging in this treat of mine. Sometimes bread makes you feel bloated. Anyway.]

I am sitting at my table with my windows open and feeling the breeze. It is going to rain. The cool air feels good after the humidity of the day.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful evening.

Have you said where you will be working after Starbucks is finished?

btw, I went into Starbucks for the first time in a couple of years the other day. All I have to say is this: White Chocolate Mocha = SO delicious! And this comes from the person who usually drinks her coffee black. lol

Anne said...

Jaylegih,

I do not have a job lined up after Starbuks...I am looking for jobs in Ames, Iowa though! I have decided that I am moving there after my lease is up in St. Paul (which is at the end of the summer).

White Chocolate Mocha's are delicious! I just had one yesterday (and I don't even drink coffee!).