Thursday, June 16, 2005

recyclables

Paige asks, "What did you throw at it?"

"My recyclables," I say.

Last night at 3:30 am I hear some rumbling from the dumpster two stories down from my west window (I think that it is the regular "divers" who collect the aluminum in the dead of the night...). I am surprised to see instead the biggest raccoon I have ever seen!

I am naturally annoyed and open my kitchen window to yell at it (remember it is 3 am and I am still half asleep). My yelling, clapping and knocking on my window does not phase this giant raccoon. I grab a pot and bowl and bang them together, still nothing.

I turn and look around my tiny kitchen...I grab a tin can from my recyclables and chuck it out my window!

I completely miss. The raccoon just looks at where it landed and then up at me and then carries on....

I shut my window and go back to sleep.

"I would have paid money to see that!" Paige says.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed out loud when I read this Anne! love, Mom

Anonymous said...

What did your neighbors think of your actions?

Anne said...

I don't think my neighbors heard anything!! At least I hope not!